Monday, June 25, 2007

Fickle, fickle, fickle...


I was telling Dawn yesterday how fickle I've been. The Mirian Webster dictionary describes fickle as "marked by lack of steadfastness, constancy, or stability : given to erratic changeableness" Yup. That would be me. One minute I am totally loving life, thinking that no one in the world has it better than me, and the next minute I'm stressed to the max, and wishing Iwas no longer a part of this world! Now, now, don't get all worried about me, I'm not checking out of here just yet, Teehee. Just frazzled!

Seth had a crazy awful mixed up day yesterday and I again was reminded that God loves me enough that I didn't get a colicky baby. I tell ya, I do not handle the crying a lot thing very well at all!!! Ah well, I held it together yesterday and didn't even snap at the other kids, so life is good! My hubby chipped in and washed and tucked the 3 into bed while I held cranky-pants, and then he tidied the house for me before he went to work. What a love!

In other news, we went fishing yesterday and the kids had a great time. It was a perfect beautiful day, and Seth slept for us the whole time!! WooHoo!! Both Emma and Gabe caught a fish, and Avery kept up her spirits, although she only caught weeds and a huge stick!!

I am blessed today to have a friend coming for coffee this morning and then I have some running around to do this afternoon.

Oh yeah, we have had some updates on the Slushie thing! We had a boy come over and apologize, and offer to replace the stroller (which is just silly since it's a really old junker, but we appreciated the thought), and also a letter of apology from another young boy. He didn't have anything to do with the slushie thing, just the Nicky nine doors incident leading up to it. I really don't have issues with the kid game, although let me tell you, it's annoying when it's your door every week or every few days!! My issue is way more the incredibly awful attitude of a couple of the GIRLS involved!! Awful!

Heaven forbid my children ever lip someone off like that, they'll not survive! (now you are all bringing up an image of Emma being mouthy in your heads.... Hahaha!!! Yeah that's totally unlikely!!! I know, I'm in denial!! Whatever!!) Anyway, we haven't had any more incidents and life is so much better! I was a little scared for the first bit there, not knowing if we'd be retaliated on. But most of the kids involved really are 'good kids', and I think they just got carried away! Plus, how fun would it be to nicky nine doors someone when the guy gets out of his house, hops in his van and chases you around town? Yikes!!

Anyway, I guess I'm a chatterbug today, I'm sure you all know the meaning of that!! Hugs, and blessings to you, Char

3 comments:

Tez said...

*hugs* as much as I get baby ache and "want one of those", I know how much work it is and thank you for the reminder!

have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Hope the nicky nine doors is over for good! It's kindafun in the day, but at night, no fun for you!!
C

Trudy said...

Girls can definitely be the worst. (with the exception of yours of course & my two grand daughters!) That's why I'm glad I only had boys.