Thursday, February 02, 2006

I speak French??

So.. this morning my kids were watching Madeline, a cartoon starring a little french girl. Every once in a while she'd speak french, and I would translate. Then we had the funniest conversation.

I'd just translated a word...

Ave: How do you know?
Me: Cause I took French when I was in school.
Ave: Will I?
Me: I don't know. But I really liked it.
Ave: Okay then, what's the word for bum?
Me: (pause) Derriere!!
Ave: (giggles) What's the word for underwear? (We were getting them all dressed by the way)
Me: (pause) Hmmm... I think I know...but...huh, I don't know!
Ave: Whats the word for butterfly?
Me: (no pause at all) I have no idea!!
Ave: (looks at the Gabe and Emma) Well.... at least she knew bum!!

Have a great Day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! So cute! If you're gonna know any word, BUM is the one to know! What a sweetie.

manny said...

Very cute Char!

---HockeyDude--- said...

lmdo=laugh my derriere off
thats my lil' girl!