Ryan and I took a trip together to do some early Christmas shopping. As we browsed the book area of Walmart, I saw this book! Of course, being awesome, I had to stop and pick it up. I'd never heard of it, but I guess it's huge! This guy starts a blog, and starts writing things that are awesome- you know- those things that make you smile in the middle of a crappy day. What a great idea!!
I carried this book to the front and found myself reading page after page out loud to Ryan. SO fun!! But... I put it back, knowing that 20 bucks was too much for me to spend on it. Besides, most of those things I notice, and they do bring me joy, every day!
So, just for fun, I thought I'd give you a small personal list of awesome!! If you want, comment and tell me what you think makes life awesome too. Maybe later, if I can't think of something to blog about, I'll expand a little on some of these.
1. When a song comes on the radio and makes you feel young again.
2. When something smells good, and you realize it's you!
3. When a friend calls long distance and your kids aren't home to be noisy.
4. When you find money.
5. When you hear something nice about your kids from someone who's not related.
6. When your floor is shiny.
7. When your jeans fit just right.
8. When you meet someone and they're so excited to 'finally' meet you, because they've heard all about you -from someone that liked you:)
9. When you find the perfect gift for someone.
10. When you hear God whisper.
Wow- this is fun, my list could go on and on....
So, how about you?
4 comments:
- Squeals of delight and hands up-raised, when I return home to my kids.
- Hearing your daughter say, "I feel less grumpy when you spend time reading with me."
- Moments when God turns a blessing right around, and says, "I'm glad you're enjoying this, but it's for them too!"
- Winning prizes (like a $100 Tim Horton's Card!)
- Buying Christmas Flowers to help support a group of Dentists & CNC Students to go to Africa for Free Dental clinics.
You're right this is addictive in a really good way :o)
*Waking up to big blue eyes staring at me, and a wee voice asking for snuggles!
*A brilliant and unexpected genuine smile from my brown one. *melt!*
*pokey puppy whiskers tickling me as she snuffles my face.
*a gentle walk in the crisp cold fall air
*my amazing husband coming home from work and kissing me first!
Good friends who help see the bright side.
*free fabric!
YARN!!!
Sewing.
I can't stop!!!! he he he
Love you Char.
We were inspired to start a "That’s Awesome Tuesday" around the supper table every week because of that blog. Every Tuesday we go around the table and take turns telling the rest of the family what we think is awesome while eating supper. The kids love it. Glad you back blogging regularly, keep it up!
Post a Comment