So, I'm working at the video store, as previously posted. One of the only things that caused me a second thought, was 'the adult room' in the back. We are to be shown around etc, but with my 'quick' (I mean non-existent) training, I missed out on that. Bummer. (Not really).Anyway, I'd heard some horror stories, about the large (not tasteful) pictures, small(but creative) title words, and 'loosely alphabetized' area, and was hoping to avoid it altogether. I did know that the movies in question were in grey boxes, as some had been checked in on my first night of work.
Last night, I had a gentleman, come up to the till, with his stack of 'gallery' movies (not new releases). He reminded me of the 'rent two get one free' deal, and I looked up at the screen to make sure that all was well. I notices that one of the movies had rung in at 8.99, which is way too high for any of our gallery movies.
Our video games, however, are all 8.99, so I looked at it, and held it up, asking him in a not quiet, and confused way "What is this? A Game??"
He looked up at me, as if I was kidding and said 'what?' at the exact moment that I realized the box in my hand was a grey box!! Could I be any more embarrassed? I just asked this man if his porno movie was a game. AAAHHHHH!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! OOPS!!!
(don't tell my boss)
I simply entered the code, took the money, gave him the videos, and wished him a VERY good evening!! Lol!!
1 comment:
I think we all have "put our foot in our mouth" at one time or another in our live time.It is and can be embarrising (probably more for us), but also a learning block.
Two eyes, Two ears, One mouth.. That is what the poster in our staff room says.
good advice. love ya didddo.
Post a Comment